By partnering with us, you will be confident that your receivables are placed with a competent, ethical service partner that is dedicated to safeguarding patient information. CCOC is in full compliance with all applicable federal and state regulations governing our industry including not limited to:
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and state counterparts
- Privacy Act of 1984
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA)
- Workers Compensation Case Laws
- Federal and State Fair Billing Requirements
Understanding the challenges to healthcare security and patient data, CCOC employs best practices including, but not limited to, the following security protocols:
- HIPAA and HIPAA HI-TECH-compliant collection software provides data-at-rest encryption.
- All data is encrypted and backed up daily on network servers.
- Paper information is secured and shredded.
- Eight Role Profile levels have been established to ensure personnel have the most restricted system access necessary.
- New hires undergo background checks and are required to adhere to confidentiality agreements.
Compliance Spotlight: Fair Billing
At CCOC, we meet and exceed all criteria established by State and Federal Fair Billing requirements and regulations. We also screen accounts for charity eligibility, when applicable, and encourage qualifying patients who cannot enter into repayment agreements to apply for charity. For those patients experiencing financial hardship that do not apply for or qualify for charity, CCOC offers low, affordable, monthly plans.
Security Spotlight: Risk Assessment
You can rest assured that CCOC will always satisfy your security audit requirements. Our clients include some of the largest health systems in the country and they require we adhere to the strictest industry standards. Most recently, we have completed in-depth 248-point Controls Analysis Assessment Audits conducted by independent, CISA- and CFE-certified auditors, demonstrating our ability to safeguard confidential information, patient information and restricted data.